Did you know that one single container ship emits more CO2 than 65,000 cars? At CargoKite we are keen on changing this by developing the sailing ship of the 21st century. We are a diverse team of visionaries, engineers, and environmental advocates united by a common goal: to develop cutting-edge solutions that propel the shipping industry into a more sustainable era.
Are you a visionary with a passion for combating climate change? Do you have a knack for turning groundbreaking ideas into commercial solutions? If so, we invite you to join our trailblazing team at CargoKite.
We are seeking a talented and dynamic Business Development Manager to join our dynamic team and drive the early customer acquisition process of our groundbreaking wind-powered ship class. In this role, you will play a crucial part in identifying strategic partnerships, engaging potential clients, and helping to bring our innovative wind-powered ships to the global maritime market.
- Identify and research potential business opportunities and partnerships within the maritime industry.
- Build and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including potential clients, industry leaders, and regulatory bodies.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop and execute a comprehensive business development strategy.
- Develop and roll out scalable customer relationship management system.
- Create compelling proposals, presentations, and marketing materials to engage and attract potential clients.
- Participate in industry conferences, trade shows, and events to represent the company and network with industry professionals.
- Gather market intelligence, monitor shipping industry trends, and provide insights to inform our product development and market strategy.
- Assist in negotiating and closing business deals, contracts, and partnerships.
- Maintain accurate records of business development activities and report on progress to the leadership team.
- Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or related field. Focus on shipping and chartering is a plus.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in business development or sales, within the maritime or transportation sector.
- Prior experience of working in a fast-paced environment (early-stage startup, consulting or investment banking) is a big plus.
- Existing network in the shipping industry with contacts at shipping lines, ports, freight forwarders, ship brokers and more.
- Proven track record of identifying and developing successful business partnerships.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and communication skills with interest in interdisciplinary collaboration in a young and dedicated team.
- Proficiency in working with common office software (MS 365 or Google Suite).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-driven, reliable and results-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Passion for sustainability and environmental responsibility.
- Proficient German skills are a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to join a deep-tech startup as an employee from the very beginning, and contribute to the strategic decision making of the company.
- Outstanding opportunities for personal development through a great deal of creative freedom and a high degree of independence and impact on the company.
- Competitive compensation and performance-based incentives.
- A collaborative and inclusive work environment in which we can rely on each other, and which values your contributions and ideas.
- Chance to make a meaningful impact on the future of the shipping industry & our planet.
- Health and wellness benefits (sports, public transport ticket etc.).
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work from home.
Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?
Studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and to us as a company.